New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook XP Settings (XP)

We're preparing to roll out Office XP to our organization. In Outlook, we'd like to impose certain settings for our users, and prevent them from changing them. We'd like to force "rich text", prevent them from selecting "Word as the editor", prevent the "instant messenger" from being selected. In Outlook 98, we had a registry hack that forced rich text, so I'm thinking there may be something similar in Outlook 2002, just haven't been able to find it. We'll be using the CIW to deploy Office, and thought I could include the appropriate registry settings there. Unless there is another way. Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Outlook XP Settings (XP)

Have you looked at the Policy Editor in the Office Resource Kit for Office XP? It should list the officially documented keys. There could be hacks, too, but that is where I'd start.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook XP Settings (XP)

Thanks for the response. I looked at the policy editor, and it looks like there may be some controls there. Our primary login server is Novell, not Windows NT/2000. We only use the NT server for exchange, so we've never implemented any policies there, and we're not sure we want to. Since policies control the registry keys, it seems there should be a setting there. I'll keep looking, but if anyone comes across something, I would appreciate if you would pass it on.