2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 'Task' (2000)

I have a critical Outlook Task that appears to be corrupt. I've run the Inbox repair tool and it removes the Task (that's why
    I believe the Task is corrupt). The Task is still visible in the Task folder but when I try to open it I get and error message
    that reads "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again".
    I closed/stopped all but Outlook and still get the error message. I transferred the Task to another computer and got the
    same error message.
    Any ideas ?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 'Task' (2000)

If you can't open any tasks then there's a good chance the form is corrupt. You might be able to fix this by locating frmcache.dat and renaming it (after exiting outlook). If the problem is only with this one task there may not be much hope. Maybe if you start Outlook in safe mode you can do something. Start | Run, then type: Outlook /safe

Thanks

Re: Outlook 'Task' (2000)

Maybe not relevant in this case, but would the old trick of selecting the items before and after (holding down Shift) then deleting, dragging the two good tasks back from Deleted Items, then emptying the Deleted Items folder, get rid of it for good?