New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 97 (5.0.2, Svc Pk 2)

Have a problem - I am on OS Windows 2000 Prof and have both Access 97 and Access 2000 on my computer due to nature of my work. I do many imports/exports in/out of my dbases using Excel and .dbf files and they are way slow! Files that used to take 2 minutes take 45 mins! Querys in Access 97 versions run slow as well. I know I must have system problems, (computer is Dell, System type X86 with "mega" memory. Can somebody give me a hint of what is going on? I have to keep both Access97 and Access2000 on for my work. To test, I have taken off Access 97 and Access 2000 works fine then, vice versa as well. Thank you for the help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 97 (5.0.2, Svc Pk 2)

There is no reason I know of for this to happen. I have 3 versions of Access on this machine and 2 versions at work and I don't experience this. In fact, there isn't any reason I can think of for a file to take 2 minutes to import or export unless you are using an extremely complex layered query. Why don't you give us some more specific information about what you're doing and how your Access versions are installed. Are you using DAO or ADO for the imports/Exports or what?
    Charlotte

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Access 97 (5.0.2, Svc Pk 2)

If you haven't seen this article on the Microsoft Knowledge Base, it describes how to install Access 97 and 2000 so they coexist peacefully on a single computer. There are also some fairly detailed webcasts you can look at dealing with such topics as seucrity in that configuration.
    Wendell