Thread: Access (2000)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access (2000)

I have an form in my database that has fields below the screen so you have to scroll to get to them. After filling in the last field and clicking to go to a new record, the cursor is in the 1st field of the new record but the screen display has the fields overlapped so you can't read most of the screen. If you use the scroll bar up and down it clears up the display and puts the fields in the correct spots - not overlapped. Is there a way to fix this? Not all forms that go below the screen display do this.

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access (2000)

It might be a problem with Windows resources. A complicated form with lots of controls is a heavy load. Have you considered using a tab control to organize the controls? That way, you can present a large number of controls in an uncluttered form that fits on the screen.

If this occurs in other forms too, it might also have to do with your video card. Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the thoughts/ideas! I thought it might be something like that but thought I'd better check all Access avenues too. I'll check into them!

Patty

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

You might also want to consider methods to avoid scrolling altogether, such as the use of a tab control to group related fields together.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.