New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 97/2000 (Access 97 (5.0.2), svc pk 2)

Continuation of Access97 and Access2000 being on same computer problem. To elaborate: even using a simple file - get external data - procedure gives me a slow transfer rate in both versions. Another thing that happens when I launch Access 97 - the OS gives me a message that it is installing Access 97 - I can cancel out of it and go into Access 97 - also everytime I launch a wizard in 97 I get the same msg saying it is installing Access 97. Thanx for the help I received - I've printed off the article and will talk to my IS guy about it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 97/2000 (Access 97 (5.0.2), svc pk 2)

Since this is about the same problem, you might have posted this as a reply in the other thread. Posting a new reply will bring the thread to the top again, with a red folder, so it will attract new attention.

From your description, it seems that your installation of Access 97 is damaged, probably by installing Access 2000 on the same machine in not quite the correct way. Unless somebody else comes up with a less painful recommendation soon, I would try uninstalling both Office 97 and Office 2000, and then reinstalling them as described in the MSKB article Wendell pointed you to. Read that article carefully (or rather, have your IS person read it carefully).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 97/2000 (Access 97 (5.0.2), svc pk 2)

Did you happen to mention which OS you're using and what service release? There were some problems with the version of the Windows installer that came with the original version of Win2000.
    Charlotte