2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

create outlook meeting req or appt from access (Access97/Outlook97)

I would like to create/construct meeting requests from data in an access table and send to people in my address book. i don't use contacts, rather the post office address list and my personal address book. the mtg req needs to be sent to my calendar, a shared divisional calendar and the person(s) in tblAttendees.

in tblEventDetails - i have all the info that needs to be put into an outlook new meeting request.
    in tblAttendees - i have all the names of people who need to be invited

EventID is the common field between the tables.

we use Microsoft Mail here and (not sure that makes a difference)

currently in the db, i type in the names of attendees so, i'm wondering if it is possible to populate the field with the various address books contained in outlook (personal address book, post office address book, global address book, maybe even shared contacts)?

~is there a big difference in using a mtg req versus a new appt?
    ~how do I find out what this shared divisional calendar is "called" so i can tell access to put an entry there also (because no one person owns the shared calendar, there is no one to accept or decline an invite so i want to bypass that).

I have done email automation with the help of the lounge before and i have been investigating the outlook object library.

I'm looking for help, suggestions, or to be pointed in a direction. Thanks a bunch. Jenn.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: create outlook meeting req or appt from access (Access97/Outlook97)

I've used Helen Feddema's site to do this for single Outlook use. I took her code for passing Contacts from Access to Outlook, changed the appropriate references (eg IPM.Appointment for IPM.Contact etc) and played around with it to suit my ways.
    If you've got a feel for it Helen's site is a good place to start for sorting your ideas.
    Peter

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: create outlook meeting req or appt from access (Access97/Outlook97)

It will be a sizeable challenge with Outlook97 as the object model in it was fairly crude, and not totally complete. Things got a bit better with Outlook98, but it was 2000 before the programming model was reasonably complete. In addition to the suggestion by <!profile=Herworth>Herworth<!/profile>, you might try finding a book called "Outlook Annoyances" published by O'Reilly, and authored by non other than Woody, Lee Hudspeth and T.J. Lee. It has a readable section on how to do things using VB Script Automation in Outlook, which is your only option with 97 and 98.
    Wendell