New Lounger
    Thanks

Crash / Error Windows 2000 / Access 2000

I'm having a problem with printing a report in Access 2000 since moving from Windows ME to a new computer running Windows 2000. Previously, it worked fine printing to a shared printer (HP Laserjet 1200) connected to a USB port of a PC running Windows 98. I first preview the report, then use a macro that prints the report and then brings up a dialog box to save the output to an RTF file.

Since moving to Windows 2000, Access crashes when the macro is run. It does still print, but stops before displaying the 'Save File' dialog box. I have gotten the following error message: The instruction at "0x77fcb3d3" referenced memory at "0xfffffff8". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program.

If I move the printer from the Windows 98 PC to the new Windows 2000 PC, the macro runs without any problems, but it can't be moved permanently.

Any ideas on what the cause is?

Thanks,
    Jim

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Crash / Error Windows 2000 / Access 2000

Open the report in design view.
    Select File/Page Setup, Page tab.
    The report is either set up to use the standard printer or a specific printer. Select the other option, and specify the printer if necessary. Save the report and see if the macro will run now. If it does, you could test if it still works OK if you switch back to the original printer setting (you never know, such things happen)

New Lounger
    Thanks

OK, I'll give it a try. I'm not back in that office until Friday, so I'll see what happens then.

Thanks,

Jim

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

I tried the solution you gave me and it worked perfectly. Thanks very much for your help.

Jim