3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2000/sr1 ({ EMBED PBrush } problem)

A co-worker of mine use to be able to paste bitmaps directly into her Word docs using Ctrl V, right click|Paste, etc. Now whenever she does that instead of getting the picture inserted she get the following "{ EMBED PBrush }". I tried using ctrl|shift|F9 to convert it but then it hangs Word. The bitmap is small. She is able to insert the bitmap using the menu "Insert|Picture" method. Anyway she was not having any trouble with this last week. Is there some setting that she may have changed?
    If she saves the word doc and sends me a copy I am able to open it with either Word 2000 or Word Xp and see the bitmap picture where on her PC it shows { EMBED PBrush }

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2000/sr1 ({ EMBED PBrush } problem)

Does she have "Show Field Codes" on by accident? Let her try pressing Alt+F9 or selecting Tools/Options..., view Tab, then uncheck Field Codes box.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That was the problem. Super thanks!!!

Thanks

Pictures take up much more space when inserted that way, so if she has no intention of using MS Paint for in-place editing of those pictures, she can select them individually, or select the document as a whole (Ctrl+A), and turn them into normal pictures using Ctrl+Shift+F9 (just like turning any other field code into field results). Do a Save As, compare the file sizes, and see the amazing difference.