2 Star Lounger
    the great white north..., Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks

adding new e-mail acct to outlook (Office2000 pro(SP2)/win98/OE6)

hiya one and all!

i am seriously confused. i have outlook 2000 installed, but have not really used it, as OE has been sufficient for my needs, up until now. i have three e-mail accounts set up in OE and wish to set up outlook 2000 for two of them. my ISP is verizon DSL. i have tried, and tried, and tried, to set up the two said accounts in outlook and cannot seem to do it. when i try to send out mail, i keep on getting an error message that tells me the following:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: i got it, i got it!
    Sent: 3/21/03 11:54 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'lady.leadfoot@verizon.net' on 3/21/03 11:54 AM
    No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

then i get a box that pops up with the following error message:
    "There was an error reading your Internet e-mail. Click the Tools menu, click Services, delete the service and then create a new one."

i was trying to send a message, using Outlook, from one of the accounts that i want to use (that i thought i had set up correctly), to my personal e-mail, just for test purposes, and those were the messages i got. can anyone please help me and tell me how to set Outlook up so that i can use it? i have tried the Help/F1 menu, and also Special Edition Using Office 2000 w/CD-ROM (outlook section) and i am completely over my head. i have dim memories of using outlook once before, when i first bought the program and installed it, but that's been over three years ago. please feel free to post here, or to e-mail me either at the address that i have with this "account" or at lady.leadfoot@verizon.net; the choice is yours. thanks to everyone for "listening." thanks in advance for your help. until the next time, take care.

smiles-
    ladyleadfoot!!!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: adding new e-mail acct to outlook (Office2000

Outlook 2000 has two modes: Corporate Workgroup and Internet Mail Only. You probably need to make sure that the IMO option is used. Check in Tools , Options, Mail Delivery and click Reconfigure Mail Support. Close out of Outlook and double-check also what the settings say in the Windows Control Panel marked MAIL. Now go back into Outlook and see about setting up an account

I presume that you know Verizon does offer some assistance in configuring Outlook to receive email from its servers, but you probably have those settings memorized by now.