3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Form Frozen by other user (Office97Pro w/XPro)

XP in all its horrible instability crashed while I was making an entry in my access data base. Now when I open the data base it tells me that someone else (there isn't any someone else) is making a change at the same time and refuses to let me do anything with one particular form (of course it is the main form). The basic table seems to be OK and everything else in the DB works. I have both repaired the DB and rebooted a number of times but that doesn't clear it. I don't think it is set to be used by multiple users as I don't even know how to do that. Am going to try building a new form and just leaving the old one sit since I can't even delete it. Any other suggestions?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form Frozen by other user (Office97Pro w/XPro)

You could try creating a new database and import all the objects.
    Pat

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Patt has already given you a good suggestion. If you have a recent backup from before the crash, you can make a copy of that, delete all tables, and import the tables from the crashed database. That should give you a new working copy.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

When you are out of the database, make sure there is no ldb file still living in the folder with either part of the application, front or back end. An abnormal program end can leave a lock record in the ldb file that makes Access think someone else, or even the same someone, has the database open.
    Charlotte