5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlinks (2K SR1)

I want to add a unique hyperlink to each record on a form. It will point to a file that is specific to that record. Access Help describes the Insert/Hyperlink command, but that puts the same link in every record. I have read Post: 237509 which talks about adding hyperlinks to a Table. Is that new to Access XP? How do I do this in 2K? In Table Design Mode there is no Insert/Hyperlink command.
    Thanks,
    Howard

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlinks (2K SR1)

When you create a new field in a table, Hyperlink is one of the field types you can select from the Data Type dropdown list. This field type has existed since Access 95, I believe.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. I misread your original post. I was trying to edit an existing field instead of adding a new one. Now I'm trying to fine tune it. When I type a file's path into the field It opens Windows Explorer to the parent folder, not the file itself. How do I get it to open the file, not explorer?
    Howard

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you have a hyperlink field, right-clicking it should provide an option Edit Hyperlink, with a Browse... button. If you enter a file name this way, and clicking it still opens Explorer instead of the file, I don't understand. Perhaps the file association has gone wrong?

If you have another type of field, please specify how you handle it? If in code, post the code.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, it's not the file association, it's this operator that has gone wrong! I put the path in the Display Text field instead of Edit/Hyperlink. Now it's working just fine. Careless mistake.
    Thanks again,
    Howard