5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot close service.cnf (FrontPage 2000)

When I try to publish a Web page I get an error message "Server error - cannot close service.cnf". I can not find this file on my HD. I rebooted and started FP again and get the same error.

Thanks

Re: Cannot close service.cnf (FrontPage 2000)

Every reference to that error I can find points to a message similar to:

"Your account is over its disk quota. You need to either delete some files or request additional disk space"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You are correct. The problem was caused by 195 Megs of spam addressed to unknown names at my domain. I made the mistake of changing the forwarding of unknown names to my domain to my POP to eliminate some of the spam I was receiving. I just deleted the data in the forwarding field. Apparently the spam filled the available disk space. Last evening when I tried to publish I got the error message. (services.cnf is a FP extension file) The next morning I knew something was wrong when I had not received any mail for 12 hours. My hosting company, Verio, had me set up a null account that will capture and then delete this junk when it hits the server. I will never see it and I should not have this problem again.

Thanks

Just in case you are interested <post#=238794>post 238794</post#> lists the purpose of service.cnf

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile