3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Archive doesn't move e-mails (2000 SR-1)

I recently had to do a full import from archive to find some old e-mails. That was successful. Now, I want to send all my old e-mails back into the archive, but am having problems. Some folders appear to function appropriately. E-mails older than 3 months have disappeared (hopefully into the archive). Other folders do not appear to archive.

I have gone into the properties of all the folders and have found many that did not have the archive radio button set. I re-set that to move messages older than 3 months. After doing that, I ran the archive program by clicking the radio button that said "Archive all folders according to their Autoarchive settings". Many folders still contain old messages.

When I go to one of those folders and select the other archive option, "Archive this folder and all sub folders" and set the "Archive items older than...." to say "1 month", nothing changes. Outlook says it is archiving according to the activity monitor in the lower right corner, but no messages move. What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

Douglas

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Archive doesn't move e-mails (2000 SR-1)

Archiving is based on the modified date. That was adjusted to the date you moved the items. I guess you'll either have to wait or move them manually back to the archive folder.