4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The FTP Session was terminated (FP XP)

Can someone help please.

I'm trying to publish a web site, and each time I try it I get a dialog box as above, and it cancels my attempt to publish.

I can publish this web site using an FTP program, and I can use Front page (XP) to publish to one of my other web sites. As far as I can see, the settings are correct. Using my FTP prog, I am publishing to HYPERLINK "ftp://ftp.aaaaa.com/htdocs"ftp.aaaaa.com/htdocs where aaaaa is the location of my page. I'm using the same location in FP, and it returns with HYPERLINK "ftp://ftp.aaaaa.com/htdocs"ftp://ftp.aaaaa.com/htdocs.

However this message seems to be of little help in suggesting what I'm doing wrong. I've done a search in the archives, but found nothing.

Anybody got any suggestions please?

Thanks

Colin

Thanks

Re: The FTP Session was terminated (FP XP)

So, I just want to be clear - are you publishing with FrontPage or an FTP program. If an FTP program, which one are you using?

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I didn't make it clear.

I want to use FrontPage. I used WSFTP Pro afterwards just to check that my web site was allowing access.

Front Page is my preferred route.

Thanks

Colin

billeger

Not to butt in but perhaps this will help. One of my web clients must use a web host on this island. That's okay but - though frontpage2002 extensions are installed - it's necessary to publish though FP using the app as an ftp. When attempting to publish in the usual FP way a report comes that extensions are not installed. I think, in other words, that the extensions are not properly installed on that host server but no matter what I say or how I plead nothing changes.

Is that familiar, Colin?

Bill Eger