2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Disappearing Desktop On Startup

I run Win98SE with a 19" monitor. Lately, every so often but with increasing frequency, when I start Windows my desktop comes up in a shrunken condition. It is indented about 1" from the left side of my monitor and about 1/2" from the right side. If I reboot, it comes up OK as it is supposed to. What causes this and how can I fix the problem? Thanks.
    Robert

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disappearing Desktop On Startup

Have you checked lately to see if there are any updates to your video driver? My Win98SE machine is on a KVM with another machine and every once in awhile, the video comes up screwy looking and goes back to normal if I "reset" the KVM and reboot. You don't by any chance have a KVM in use do you?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disappearing Desktop On Startup

Hi Al,
    Since I had to look up what a KVM is, I probably don't have it. At one time I downloaded the Java VM from Sun Microsystems, but I uninstalled it and went back to the Microsoft version. That was some time ago, but this problem started recently -- and I cannot connect it with any changes I made to my system. My monitor is a Viewsonic Professional Series PS790 and as far as I know there are no driver updates, but I will check. I don't see how that could be the problem, though, since this problem just started and I've made no changes that I can think of to my system.
    Robert