New Lounger
    Thanks

Trouble exiting a database (Access 97)

Hi,
    We are having some trouble wit a database we are using. Sometimes when we try to exit it says "couldn't save, currently locked by user 'admin' on machine xxxxxxx". It requires the person on that machine to close his instance of the DB before anyone else can. Anybody have any idea why this might be happening.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Trouble exiting a database (Access 97)

I'm presuming that you get this message when users are exitting from a form, right?

Has you database been split into a FE (Front End) and a BE (Back End) on the network?

What I mean to say is, you will have to split your database into a FE and a BE and distribute the FEs to the various users.

Pat

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Trouble exiting a database (Access 97)

It is not when exiting a form. It is when closing the DB. I have no idea about FE or BE that you speak of. All we do is run the .mdb file on the server. I did not creat this DB just have the dubious honor of looking after it. We also see to have a bit of a problem sometimes when we scroll through the records on a form and the sub form dosent update. It keeps the same data for every record. But if we exit the DB and start again all is well. For a while at least.