New Lounger
    Thanks

Send from Draft folder (Outlook 200?)

Does anyone know if it is possible to send multiple emails (i.e. more than one at a time) from the draft folder? Can you highlight several emails and then execute a send without having to open them individually and click send?

I am trying to automate the sending of bulk emails in a way that will get around the "Outlook object model guard". I can do this in several ways that involves substituting another object in place of Outlook so that .send() is not sent to Outlook. I am wanting to see if they could be saved to Draft so that an operator could inspect some of them and then select and send all. Microsoft security now requires each email to be individually authorised if they go through the Outbox

Any help would be appreciated.

Godfrey Nicholson

Thanks

Re: Send from Draft folder (Outlook 200?)

I'm fairly certain that regardless of whether the message is saved in Drafts or not, it will need to go through the Outbox. If you plan to use the Outlook object model to send the selected messages, you likely will run into the security dialog.

There are many bulk mailing programs on the market that have no security alarms whatsoever, as well as VB mail components and the Redemption library. So you can bypass Outlook security, or skip Outlook completely if you wish.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Send from Draft folder (Outlook 200?)

Thanks for that. It's what I suspected. I'm familiar with Redemption, Aspemail, Easy Email Objects.

Godfrey Nicholson