Lounger
    Thanks

Add-in Error on startup

I am migrating to a new computer. The old machine was running NT4 with Office 2000 SR-1. The new machine is Win2000 with Office 2000 SR-1. I used the Microsoft "Save My Settings" wizard to transfer my Office settings from one machine to the other. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

The most urgent problem is a message that appears on startup of Outlook that says "Cocuments and
    SettingsRogerApplication DataMicrosoftAddinsC:Program FilesMicrosoft Office OffficeSBCMSTNC.DLL is not a valid Office add-in." This is apparently is impacting my ability to connect to our Exchange server as it now takes a couple of tries to get connected. I'm guessing the "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeSBCMSYNC.DLL" was the location of an add-in on the old machine. I do not know what SBCMSYNC.DLL is for.

In the registry is: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOfficeOutlookAdd ins#SBCM.Addin.1 where the old path appears. Should I just delete the SBCM.Addin.1 entry under Add-ins?

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Add-in Error on startup

it's the small business contact manager.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q235/0/09.asp>Q235009</A>

PS - yes, delete it or reinstall it.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Add-in Error on startup

That is precisely my problem. Thanks! Issue resolved.