Lounger
    Thanks

Error on Start-up and shutdown

I am migrating from my old laptop which was an NT4 machine with Office 2000 SR-1 to a new machine with Win2000 and Office 2000 SR-1. I used the Microsoft "Save My Settings" wizard to transfer the Office Settings and Profiles to the new machine.

Now when I start Excel I get a Visual Basic error (attached) that says "Compile error in hidden module: TBRun9". Selecting OK closes the message and everything seems to work fine. I then get the same message when closing Excel.

How can I eliminate the error? TIA

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error on Start-up and shutdown

Did you have TextBridge OCR software on your old machine?. It installs a file in the XLStart directory, which means it is loaded each time Excel is run. If you do not have Textbridge installed on your new system, then try deleteing (or copying to a different location) any file with the name TBRun9*.xls in the XLStart directory.

Or perhaps (re)install Textbridge if you have a scanner and use it for OCR.

Andrew C

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error on Start-up and shutdown

You nailed it! I did have Textbridge loaded on the old machine and have not gotten around to installing it yet. Did a quick search on tbrun* file and deleted them and the issue is resolved. Thanks!