3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create new commandbar via code (Word 2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 01-Apr-03 10:14. Consolidated posts. Note: You can edit your own posts.)</P>I what to be able to create a new command bar via VBA code rather than using tools|customize, etc. I want to be able from the code to select the FaceID and set the tooltips, etc. I haven't seen any code examples to do this, does anyone have any?

Also I want to make new menu items that perform the same function as the new toolbars, is there a way to connect the two or do I have to have seperate menu code?

Thanks

Re: Create new commandbar via code (Word 2000)

Re: samples, search the Lounge for CommandBars.Add for samples. The code to add a control can vary a lot more...

Re: menus vs. toolbars, because these are different CommandBar objects, you need to repeat the process for the menu items.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Create new commandbar via code (Word 2000)

Jim,

The Microsoft Office 2000/Visual Basic Programmer's Guide has loads of useful code for this, and you can access it online at the MSDN Library here.
    (You can find the entire book by navigating to Office Solutions Development > Microsoft Office Developer > Microsoft Office 2000 Developer in the left pane.)

Gary