New Lounger
    Thanks

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS HELP IMMEDIATELY! (Windows XP Pro...)

We have a rather serious situation. We have a Windows 2000 Domain (running in native mode) with Exchange 2000 as well. We have a mixture of clients, but the clients with WinXPPro have just noticed that the "Automatically Adjust for Daylight Savings" box on their local computers is not checked (we use Norton Ghost to push out the machines and noticed on a fresh ghost that although the setting is checked, it does not hold). Several of them have now adjusted their local machines and had to manually change all appointments in Outlook (2000 Pro, not XP). From what I have read, it appears that the XP clients may be getting their time/date information from the domain controller (which is set to adjust for daylight savings time). My concern is that the clients who have made their local setting to adjust for daylight savings and manually changed their calendars will have an issue after this weekend when the servers actually make the daylight savings change. Can anyone confirm????? I'm desperate...

Thanks

Re: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS HELP IMMEDIATELY! (Windows XP Pro...)

You may get some info from one of the many references here at labmice.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS HELP IMMEDIATELY! (Windows XP Pro...)

To synchronize computer clock with the server, use following command from Command prompt or from Run dialog:

NET TIME servername /set /yes

where servername is your server name to synchronize with. If you are logged into another domain, use /DOMAIN:domainname switch.

You can advice your users to do this immediately after they login Monday morning.