Powerpoint HTML docs

Hi. I'm new to this forum, hope someone can help with HTML problem. I'm temporarily using a PC laptop, having to convert some PPT presentations (university lectures) to HTML for the students to access on the web. (I normally work on a Mac.)

On PPT 2000, the pages all appear in frames, with over half of the screen taken up with the slide titles (left-hand frame) and the right-hand frame split into two with the actual slide showing very small in the top. Bottom half of that one is for notes (none exist in these presentations; wasted space.)

I tried to do as PPT help suggests, and turn off "add navigational tools" (sorry, that's a paraphrase, as I'm not currently on that computer) in the General tab of the Web Options, but it seems to have no effect.

Any help?
    Thanks so much!
    Gurukarm Khalsa
    MIT Dept of Biology Class webmaster

5 Star Lounger
    Warrington, Cheshire, England

Re: Powerpoint HTML docs

It's not clear to me from your post exactly what it is that you want to do/are complaining about. Your post describes the PowerPoint 2000 default view - which is called 'normal' - in which you have the outline view on the left, the slide view in the top right and the notes page at bottom right.
    You can switch into other views either by using the buttons on the toolbar at bottom left (which contains buttons for normal, outline, slide slide sorter and slide show views) or by using the View menu. Selecting the slide view changes the display so that only the slide is displayed in the whole screen, as for PowerPoint 97.
    You can create a slide show suitable for web viewing by using File | Save as Web Page and following the Wizard.
    There is a post a couple away from yours from sraun(<A target="_blank" HREF= w=collapsed&sb=5></A>)where someone else is asking if there is a way to change the default view which is used on PowerPoint start up. YOu may want to keep an eye on that to see if a more knowledgeable lounger is able to help solve that problem.
    Hope this has been of some help