Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Mailboxes (Outlook2000)

Ok let see if I can explain this. I have two mailboxes in Outlook 2000. The frist is my main account and the second is a support mailbox. I need to be alerted when i get an email in the support inbox. I thought when i received new mail in the support mailbox that Outlook would prompt me that I had a new message, but it doesn't. I tried to create a rule that basicly said "when messages arrive to Support move them to a folder in my main mailbox." This doesn't work either. Is there anyway to do this? Does this make sense?
    Thanks
    dgw

Thanks

Re: Multiple Mailboxes (Outlook2000)

Are these Internet mail accounts or Exchange Server mailboxes?

Lounger
    Thanks

Exchange server mailboxes. I think i could just forward all mail going to the Support address on the Exchange Server, but I think other people use the same mailbox.
    dgw

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unless someone is logged into the support account you need to make sure that you set up a server-side rule. Client rules only run when the client (outlook) is running the account. Rules can't copy items between accounts. But I'm pretty sure there's a server-side rule the will forward a "Copy" of incoming mail to other accounts.