Star Lounger
    Thanks

importing/exporting dial-up connectoids

I would like to transfer a bunch of DUN connectoids from one PC to another. There was a post in this forum about 6 months ago recommending the DUN Backup Tool, however neither of the links in that post work (one to the site belonging to the author of the post and one to the original UK home of the tool ).

A web search yeilds lots of links to the same UK site, so I'm still out of luck.

Does anyone have a copy of this tool, a link to same, or another technique you can recommend for moving connectoids from one computer to another?

Thanks.

Thanks

Re: importing/exporting dial-up connectoids

Okay, there is some risk in this suggestion: what happens if you try to move dial-up connections by simply copying/consolidating these files:

Cocuments and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftNETWORKConnectionsPBKrasphone.pbk
    Cocuments and SettingsusernameApplication DataMicrosoftNetworkConnectionsPbkrasphone.pbk

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Scott, I stuck that utility up on my website since the author's page has vanished into nothingness. Feel free to download it here:
    <UL>http://www.broge.com/download/performance.shtml[/list]I've also found some similar utilities at Simtel.net but nothing quite like this one.

Cheers!
    -Mark

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Good suggestion, though I think there must be something more required. I did move the pbk file (only one in my case) but the connectoids don't show in the Network and Dialup Connections. Is there something else required to "register" the phonebook?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Mark. Always nice to find someone else who hoards useful things.

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like this only saves one connectoid at a time. Any way to do multiples that you know of?

BTW, for anyone else who tries the utility, it didn't work quite the way I expected -- I though I'd install it on both the source machine and the destination machine and use it to export and import, respectively. Turns out that the program creates a ".ins" file, which is an extension registered with windows. Merely double clicking the file on the destination machine will cause Windows to install the contents to the appropriate place.

Thanks

> Is there something else required to "register" the phonebook?

Reboot? I just found this article by searching on the file name: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 284269 - HOW TO: Save and Restore Dial-up Connections in Windows XP.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Great suggestion and thanks for reference to the MS KB article. Turns out you don't even have to reboot -- logging off and back on is sufficient. So -- the good news is that copying
    cocuments and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftNetworkConnectionsPbkrasphone.pbk
    onto a new machine does move all the connectoids.

The bad news is that it doesn't move either 1) the user IDs and passwords or 2) the location list (i.e., the list of places for "dialing from" that is part of the dialup connectoids).

I haven't located them yet but will post the answer if I find them. In the meantime, does anyone else have any ideas? <font color=ff8c00>orange</font color=ff8c00> <font color=ff8c00>orange</font color=ff8c00> bold bold bold