Lounger
    Thanks

Laptop Weirdness

I have a wireless home network using an Linksys router. 3 computers plus the laptop.

The 3 computers can access each other's files, peripherals, and the internet through a cable modem hooked up to the router. The laptop can access the Internet, but can't access any of the files or the peripherals on the network, and can't see any of the 3 computers. The 3 computers see the laptop, and can see its files, but can't copy them. I'm running XP Pro on the 3 computers, and XP Home on the laptop.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where to start trying to get the laptop to be a working, productive member of the network?

Brett

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Laptop Weirdness

Sounds like your close to achieving network harmoney (a fanasty I am beginning to believe only achievable through IBM magic ball - a comercial run in the US) A couple of questions for you. One is the laptop in the same workgroup as the desktops? Two have you shared/given permissions to the laptop/desktops to use files on each computer? I do not use Windows XP so do not know the ins and outs of the operating system but will try and toss what little knowledge I have out and hopefully something will stick!

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, the laptop is in the same workgroup. In terms of permissions, I have generally shared the folders on the laptop and computers. Do I need to do something additional to give the laptop "permission"?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The laptop needs either the same log on's and the desktops or the guest accounts on all need to be active.
    Also check to be sure the laptop firewall is OFF.