3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

multiple menu items problem (Word 2000)

I am attaching a bmp to show what I am asking about. Experimenting I created in VB code a menu item and never removed it when leaving the word app. I discovered too late that I was creaing copies of the menu. Now when i open a word doc that doesn't even have my VBA code in it the menu items show up. I wrote code to remove all of them but they appear again when I open a new one. How do I remove them for keeps? Note you will also see toolbars that are the same but I find how to remove them for keeps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: multiple menu items problem (Word 2000)

Since the extra menus appear in every document, they seem to have ended up in your Normal.dot.

Select Tools/Customize...
    In the Toolbars tab, select Menu Bar, then click Reset...
    To get rid of a custom toolbar, select it and click Delete.
    Close the Customize dialog.

Ordinarily, Word will save Normal.dot if it has been changed (Word asks for confirmation if you have set the corresponding option in Tools/Options...) when you quit the program, but let's make absolutely sure. Activate the Visual Basic Editor, select Normal in the Project Explorer, and click the Save button.

Now quit Word and restart it. I hope that the menu bar is back to normal. If not, post back.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When I selct the menu bar the delete button is disabled. Any toolabr buttons that I have created I can delete via your instructions but I do not see a method to remove the extra menu items called "PPC e_Workpapers"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can't delete the built-in menu bar but you should be able to reset it.

If you can't, or if the problem is persistent, look at Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (Word 97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (Word 97/2000)<!/post>.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Great that link you gave did the trick. It appears I have a corruptted normal.dot file!

Thanks!!!!