3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE 6 & Netscape each close on problem page (IE 6 & Netscape 7.0)

This is my second question to a browser problem that may be related (the other one was posted today "Java error IE6". In this problem, I go to a particular web page, for example: http://kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.gz?kbb;532659&&2&&&&&nc, which is kelly blue books page for automobiles. I get to that page ok, but when I click on one of the car choices with IE, it simply shuts down and I'm left staring at my desk top. This happens on various pages.
    I tried it with Netscape, and I still have a problem, but it does give me this message:
    Instructions at "0x00000002" referenced memory at "0x00000002". the memory could not be "read".
    After I click ok, it closes Netscape.

Are these problems related?
    any clues?

Thanks

Re: IE 6 & Netscape each close on problem page (IE 6 & Netscape 7.0)

I occasionally run into IE closing without warning, but it is rare. For a while, it happened if I did a print previous on Knowledgebase articles on Microsoft.com.

I wasn't able to test your link; it seems to rely on a cookie created by logging in. It is possible that you need a Java Virtual Machine. If you search for virtual machine on this board you can find some links to Microsoft's and Sun's versions.