New Lounger
    Thanks

Change settings for openin Inlineshapes (Word 2000/SR-1)

Hi Folks,

can somebody give me some tips for the following problem:

I'm inserting a document (as an embedded document) based on a template into another document via the following codesnippet:

strFileName = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.Path & "Tabel.dot"
    strIconFileName = Application.Path & "Winword.exe"

Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="Word.Document.8", FileName _
    :=strFileName, LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=True, _
    IconFileName:=strIconFileName, _
    IconIndex:=1, IconLabel:=cTableDocument

When I executed the code, there is an embedded picture object and not an embedded document object.
    This used to work before, but I probably changed something in the convert screen (right click object, Picture object, Convert), telling Word to behave this way.
    When I try this at an other machine it works fine.

Can somebody tell how to change this setting back to normal. I tried to start Word using the Run command
    "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeWINWORD.EXE" -a, but it didn't reset this setting.

Many thanks in advance!!
    Hans Meijer

Thanks

Re: Change settings for openin Inlineshapes (Word 2000/SR-1)

I stay away from embedding, but since no one else has responded yet, I took a look.

Comments/questions in no particular order:

(1) Is Word.Document.8 in the registry on both computers?

(2) You are adding a .DOT file as a Word.Document.8 - but it's a template - are you sure this is the right identifier?

(3) Online help for the AddOLEObject Method says: "You must specify either the ClassType or FileName argument for the object, but not both." However, the procedure runs anyway, perhaps ClassType is simply ignored.

(4) I got a compile error on cTableDocument so I just put it in " marks.

(5) When I test with .DOC and .DOT files on my own computer, this works flawlessly (unless I misspell the file name), so I'm afraid I can't help you identify the problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change settings for openin Inlineshapes (Word 2000/SR-1)

Thanks for your reply!

Very strange but the problem is gone. I didn't changed anything, but it works fine again.
    My comment to your replies:

(1) Is Word.Document.8 in the registry on both computers?
    -Yes, it is on both.

(2) You are adding a .DOT file as a Word.Document.8 - but it's a template - are you sure this is the right identifier?
    -I could try Word.Template.8, but it is embedding a document based on the template, so it should work.

(3) Online help for the AddOLEObject Method says: "You must specify either the ClassType or FileName argument for the object, but not both." However, the procedure runs anyway, perhaps ClassType is simply ignored.
    -I will do a test using only the filename.

(4) I got a compile error on cTableDocument so I just put it in " marks.
    -Ooops, my mistake.

(5) When I test with .DOC and .DOT files on my own computer, this works flawlessly (unless I misspell the file name), so I'm afraid I can't help you identify the problem.
    -The problem is gone right now, I hope it stays this way!!

Thanks again...

Greetings Hans