Star Lounger
    Thanks

another server question (Access2000)

Thanks Hans and Charlotte for your help. I don't know all the proper lingo so I know my questions are confusing. But I have one more question. I have several other databases on the shared drive which he did move to the new server. The old server is going away in a few days. Anyway, one of the databases is getting a disk error message. He said the person using it is accessing it correctly but he doesn't know why she is getting a disk error. He's going to call Microsoft's help desk. (New server is Microsoft, old was Novell). But I was wondering if any of you may know what could be causing the error. He said there is plenty of room so it's not an issue of not enough space.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: another server question (Access2000)

First, make sure you keep a backup copy of the database. Then try a Compact and Repair (Tools/Database Utilities) on the problem database.

If that doesn't solve it: we had a similar problem a while back that turned out to be caused by a server setting. See <post#=235744>post 235744</post#>.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

When you post a question about an error message, it's important to come as close as you can to the actual error message because there are a lot of similar ones that can have different causes and solutions. For instance, a "disk or network error" isn't the same as a "network connection may have been lost." message.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte,
    The error actually says "disk or network error". That's all it says.