5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Email in web page format (OL XP (2003))

A user in Sales has been advised that there is something, either software, template or add-in (we aren't sure what) which will allow a user to format an email to look and act as if it were a web page. We are using Outlook with HTML formating as default. When an email is sent with a fair amount of formating and pictures inserted some clients only get the text and the pictures disappear. They don't get the box to indicate a picture is missing and the text is reformated as if it never existed.

Does anyine know what I'm supposed to be looking for?

Does anyone have any helpful links?

TIA.
    Granville

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Email in web page format (OL XP (2003))

Are you on Exchange server? If so, and these messages look ok when you send them to folks in your company, then it may be that the server is converting the messages sent to the Internet to plain text. That can be changed.

It's also possible that the recipients systems are doing a conversion. You'd have to ask one of them with this problem whether they get any "web page" mail. If not, it's probably their server. If so, it's probably yours.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Email in web page format (OL XP (2003))

Yes, we are using Exchange server and it does allow HTML through.

A test of the message to users within the company shows that some are ok and others are not. So, the problem must be "client-side". As the contact list is between 200 and 300, and many are corporate employees, changing the receivers setting is not viable.

I do have another lead, though. I'll let you know how it pans out.

Thanks.
    Granville