New Lounger
    Thanks

Global Templates

When you add global templates, how are they loaded? Alphabetically, by date...?

Thanks for your help.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Global Templates

I was just reading this yesterday in the Office 97 Resource Kit. If several global templates have conflicting settings, Word resolves the conflicts in the order in which they are listed under Tools, Templates and Add-Ins. Templates in the Word Startup folder appear at the top of the list and have a higher priority. Subsequent ranking on the list is determined by alphabetic order.

Thanks

The last answer was correct. And, if they are all in the same location, they get loaded in alphabetical order and the first one loaded takes priority over ones loaded later.

Word 2000 has two startup folders even though you'll only see one on your file locations. I think the same is true of Word 97. Which version of Word are you using?

See: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm>Template Basics</A> (www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm) for more on templates (user and workgroup), global templates and Normal.dot.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

>Word 2000 has two startup folders even though you'll only see one on your file locations.<

Hi Charles:

Just for my information, are you talking about the one for Word & the one for Office. I'm not aware of two for Word alone.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am using Word 2000. Thanks for your help. This answers my question.

Thanks

I guess that I was talking about the one for Office. On my computer one is where I set it under the file locations. The other is under C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice. Files located in this last location are loaded first and apparently take priority.

I just checked Word 97 and it does not work the same way. The only startup folder that seems to be active is the one specified in my file locations.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin