New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Comment Text Too Small (Office 2000, SP3)

I have six systems, all with Office 2000, all configured identically. On five of 'em, I can change the style for Comment Text to something readable, say, Verdana 10pt. On the sixth, no matter what I try, the Comment Text is so small it's barely legible. Just guessing, but I'd say 4-5pt text. Changing the font attributes in the style editor has no effect. I can move any doc from one of the other machines and experience the problem. But, on the other machines, the style sheet assignment works as expected for that same doc. Anyone have any ideas on what I'm missing here?

Thanks!

Charles

Thanks

Re: Word Comment Text Too Small (Office 2000, SP3)

Are you talking about the text in the comment pane or in the "balloon" that pops up? If it's the balloon, are the toolbar tooltips also tiny? If so, look in the display settings (Windows) and see if you can find whatever setting it is that Windows uses for tooltips.

If it's the text in the comment pane, Is other text in the document disproportionately small as well? What's the zoom level and screen resolution?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'm talking about what's in the comment pane, not the balloon. Everything else is just fine--document text, toolbar tips, etc. The comment pop-up (when you pass the cursor over the comment field in the text) is just fine. Screeen res on all machines is 1280x1024 and all machines have "large fonts" set in the display properties.

Thanks

Even when you are using Print Layout view, the comment pane comes up in Normal view. Could it just be a matter of changing the zoom percentage in normal view?

Ian

New Lounger
    Thanks

You, sir, are my hero for the week, if not the entire whole stinking month! I never ever use normal view (and can't understand why anybody does...) but I went and checked. Normal view was set to 50% zoom. Setting it to 100% and then closing and reopening the comments pane solved the problem. Now THAT was an obscure piece of deduction! As I say, you're my hero! [img]/forums/images/smilies/ohmy.gif[/img])

Thanks for the help!

Thanks

We try to please! - Ian