New Lounger
    Thanks

Compile Error (Access XP)

Hello all,

1) I ran into a problem today in an mdb that has been working fine for the last week or so.

2) I am trying to run a

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Compile Error (Access XP)

If you copied the error message literally, there is a problem with the Round function indeed, because it hasn't been changed to proper case.

The first thing that comes to mind is a references problem, but you state explicitly that you have already checked this.

Another possibility is a name conflict with something else in your database. Things to check:
    <UL><LI>A custom function named 'round'.
    <LI>A module named 'round'.
    <LI>The project name (Tools/... Properties in the Visual Basic Editor)[/list]You can also search for round in the Object Browser in the Visual Basic Editor. The only occurrence of Round (as a whole word) in my test database is as a method of VBA.Math.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I double-checked the Access 2000 help and Round( ) is a legitimate function. The only argument it requires is a numeric expression.

My guess is that somewhere in your data there is now some "funky" data in the field [tblHRTrend]![FTE] - like a NULL value. I have recently worked through some similar problems with a custom function I had written. It "stopped working" due to changes in the underlying data that were not there when I first created the function three years ago.

I am also curious about the format of your reference to the field within the Round function. I would have thought that Access would have inserted the square brackets around both the table name and the field name with a period as the delimiter. Since this already worked, I guess it's not an issue. But I would double-check how you are referring to that field within the query and maybe consider changing to the other type of qualifying syntax.

Just some thoughts.

Peter

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you are referring to a table field, get rid of the bang (!) and replace it with a dot (.) because in queries, bangs refer to form or report members while dots indicate fields.
    Charlotte