New Lounger
    Thanks

HELP with Class Enrollment Database (97 at home/2000 at work)

Help!! I have a database project due this Wednesday for a class, I have put 50+ hours into it already and can't get it right!

I am attempting to create a class enrollment database.

I have a student table (StudentID & basic student information) and a class table (Class ID & name of class, date, time...). I also created a student/class table to place student enrollments - it only contains StudentID and ClassID as co-primary keys.

The enrollments need to be done through a form so I have created a student form and a class form. The class from is being added as a subform to the student form. Child/Parent fields being student ID.

The problem...when I attempt to enroll a student, the new student information shows up in the student table, the new class information shows up in the class table, but nothing shows up in the Student/Class table.

How do I bring this all together???

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HELP with Class Enrollment Database (97 at home/2000 at work)

The subform should have the Student/Class table as Record Source, or a query based on the Student/Class and Class tables (the query should contain the StudentID and ClassID fields from the Student/Class table, so that new records will go into the that table).

You also should have relationships set up between the three tables, with referential integrity,cascading updates and cascading deletes.

I have attached a very simple Access 97 database (zipped) that illustrates this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HELP with Class Enrollment Database (97 at home/2000 at work)

Thank you Hans!