3 Star Lounger
    Texas, USA

Status Bar (6.0)

The status bar, located at the bottom of the window, is always on when I launch the Internet Explorer. However, when I open a new window from the File menu, the status bar of this new window is not there. I have to go to the View menu to check the Status Bar option to turn it on manually. How to solve this annoying problem?

Gold Lounger
    Wardrobe Malfunction Junction, Derry

Re: Status Bar (6.0)

There are threads on this with different methods but to make the status bar appear in every instance of IE try this Dennis:

Start with one instance of IE. Select View | Status Bar. Now press Ctrl while clicking the X in the upper-right-hand corner of the window to close the application. Next, open My Computer and select View | Status Bar. Finally, go to Tools | Folder Options and select the View tab. Click Apply to all folders, confirm the dialog, and then close Windows Explorer.

1) Click View and select status bar 2)Go to tools and select folder options 3)Click on the view tab 4)Click Like current folder

If neither of these work, and they should, then go to Line 67 on Right: Enable "Show Status Bar".