4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

TOC, TOA to WordPerfect (2002 SP2)

I am working with a law office who recently switched from WordPerfect to Word. One of users is generating her TOC and TOA by marking the entries and then generating them. She then saves them to a diskette and sends them along with a printed copy to a court that used WordPerfect. When the court opens the file in WordPerfect the headings appear, but the TOC and TOA are missing.

It was reported that the page layout onscreen did not match the printed copies and the page numbers were illegible as well.

Anyone have similar experiences and have any suggestions?!?
    egghead

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: TOC, TOA to WordPerfect (2002 SP2)

I am guessing that the court might not have an updated conversion tool & seems to have problems converting Word's fields. Since you're sending the documents to the court & the documents will not be edited by the court, I would suggest that your user convert all the fields to text before sending it. She can do this by selecting all (Ctrl+A) & pressing Ctrl+Shift+F9. You will no longer have the hyperlink feature in the TOC or TOA, if that's important.
    Hope this helps,

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When I do that the text is converted with the hyperlink style (blue and underlined). If I change the text to Normal style, I lose all the tabs. Any suggestions for easing the conversion to text?
    egghead

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Instead of changing the fields to normal, you have 2 choices:

1. Select your TOC, etc. & press Ctrl+Spacebar. This will remove the hyperlink style & leave only paragraph formatting.
    2. Use Find/Replace & search for Hyperlink style & replace with default paragraph style. This is the same as the first method, but will avoids manual searching & selecting. You find the hyperlink by putting the cursor in the Find box, choosing More, then Format/Style/hyperlink. It's similar for the replace box except you scroll for for Default paragraph font.

You could record a macro using the second method & run this before you send your documents to court. Too bad you can't just save searches in Word.

Hope this helps.