New Lounger
    Illinois, USA

Windows XP Registry (XP Home OEM installation)

I have a long running problem with Eudora Pro that Factory Support cannot solve, although they have tried over the months.
    Eudora crashes regurlary on fancy text in messages that I am responding to, long messages, multiple thread responses, or anything unusual. I figure it is something in Windows, since new versions of Eudora all act the same.

I next plan to do the following and solicit warnings and suggestions on what I plan to do.

Rather than reload Windows I think I will try to remove all mention of Eudora in the registry, after uninstalling Eudora. I have found 10 or 20 mentions in the registry with the program installed.

I also plan to open the hidden files and delete any references to Eudora there also.

Then I plan to reload Eudora Pro and test it.

Then I plan to reinstall the mailboxes and other data files.

Is this a correct procedure that won't destroy the contents of the hard disk? Is there a better procedure/idea to attack the problem?

Uranium Lounger
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Re: Windows XP Registry (XP Home OEM installation)

Sounds like a decent plan to me, proceed with caution! Before you start, make a System State backup to make sure your registry is safe in case disaster strikes.