Thread: PC Anywhere

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PC Anywhere

Anyone out there know if PC Anywhere supports cell phone dial in to a computer system? I have ours setup and working when dialing out with our laptop via phone modem direct to our computer in our office, but would like to have our cell phone capable of doing this and it is not working - it won't connect and times out. Any ideas? The phone can only dial at 14.4 kbs and could this be too slow?
    lynndelap

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PC Anywhere

14.4 is probably too slow - 26.4 or higher would likely work, but you can go to the target computer and adjust the modem's properties and rachet the speed down. pcAnywhere is a bandwidth hog. You might look into alternative solutions that will work over slower connections.
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

I haven't tried this before, but I know that PC Anywhere is sometimes picky about specific modems. I'd check the help files on the Symantec support page. They have lots of specific information. It @#$!% me off though, The fact that I had to spend all that time to determine the modem that came with my laptop didn't work and I had to use an external modem to connect (at a slower speed). You might not be able to do the whole desktop emulation in color. Try two or 4 color and maybe screen scaling to see if that helps at slower speed. You might also just use file transfer if you can't get your desktop to respond quickly enough.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I know this is NOT the question you asked, but if you aren't able to resolve the Symantec question, you might want to check another product. I have used Radmin for a little over a year and it's far better than PC Anywhere was.. I did check their web to see if cell phones are supported and can't find anything. So, you might have to email them to see what they say. BUT, it's a great product.....