2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Font Shadow Control (PPT 2000)

AFAICT, the shadow on a font is affected by the background color even though the font may actually be over a graphic which needs a different shadow. Is there any way to manually control the shadow color? Or, at least, what are the rules about what background results in what colors?

For that matter, when font color is in automatic, what is the rule there?

Thanks

Re: Font Shadow Control (PPT 2000)

To control the shadowing with text, remove the shadow from the font formatting.
    Select the text and use the Shadow button. If you bring up the shadow settings toolbar, you can set the colour. For text I like to nudge the shadow a bit closer. The default position is further from the text than when you use the font shadow button.
    As for the font shadow with PPT. I've come to the conclusion it is a shortcut - when I want control I use the above method.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wonderful. Well, I tried that. It does everything except actuallly work. With red letters I get red shadows about a mile from the originals. And nothig I do hanges the color or the spacing. Local glitch or major understanding? I don't know. I'll keep trying.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Paul, you did what Catherine suggests, and you cannot change the color or spacing of the shadow?? You do have the text object selected when you do all this, right?

Do you have the tool bar that Catherine displayed in her post? Did you drop the the Shadow Color tool on the Shadow toolbar to change the shadow color to another color? And it did not change??

Did you also click the Nudge Shadow tools on the Shadow toolbar? And the shadow did not move??

Is that correct?

LennyJo

Thanks

Well, another choice would be Word Art - as you can play with the shadow there too. Actually, it would be a good double check to see where the problem is originating from.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile