Lounger
    Thanks

Too many holidays (2000 sr1a)

I loaded a new "outlook.txt" file that updated my calendar to 2005 then I found a link at the "Lounge" from Microsoft that updates calendar for 2003 - 2007. I expected it to replace the limited one (Wrong) now I have the holidays displaying twice so I'm looking for a way to clean up, short of going to every date and manually deleted the extra holiday.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Too many holidays (2000 sr1a)

From the menu select View, Events, click on the Subject title and they will be sorted by the Name of the Event. You should be able to delete the duplicates quickly from that View using Ctrl-Click to select the dups.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7±DS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

John's approach certainly works and ensures that you only get the duplicates (in case one list or the other is more thorough). But here are two slightly faster ways to tackle this...

Categories Method (assuming both holiday sources put all the holiday events in the "Holiday" category)
    (1) From your calendar, select View | Current View | By Category.
    (2) Your holidays should all be in the category "Holidays". Expand that tree.
    (3) Delete all the items (or all the items after 1/1/2003 if you want to retain historical holiday events). All of your holidays should be deleted.
    (4) Add your holidays back in from Tools | Options... Calendar Options... Add Holidays...

Date/Time Stamp Method
    Each holiday that you add to your calendar is an "event"; each "event" in your calendar is date-time stamped when it is created (in this case, with two distinct date-time ranges when chose to add holidays).. So all you have to do is sort your calendar by the date-time each event was created and the two sets of holidays that you added should appear in two groups. You can then shift-select and delete the appropriate group.

(1) Put your calendar in event view.
    (2) Add the "Created" field which will insert the date each event was created in your calendar. To do this:
    (a) Right-click on a title/heading in that view and select Field Chooser
    ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] Select the item "Created" (available from either the Date/Time Fields category or the Frequently Used Fields category)
    © Drag that item to the heading of your view
    (3) Click on the new "Created" field to sort by the time you added events to your calendar. Shift-select the group of holidays that you'd like to delete.

Lounger
    Thanks

John / Hubert, Thanks for your help! I experimented with both of your suggestions and now I have a better feel for the calendar and it's all cleaned up too!
    Greg