Star Lounger
    Thanks

PopUp Form Problem (2002 (XP))

I have a database which all of the forms are popup maximized with no controls visable. If someone minimizes the Database (say by clicking on the icon in the taskbar) once you come back to the database the popup window is not maximized and you cannot see the footer (Where I have some critical buttons) and You cannot remaximize the window.

I would like the last form viewed to return maximized once someone returns to the database. Is this possible?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PopUp Form Problem (2002 (XP))

What is the purpose of a form that is "popup maximized with no controls visable"?
    It is unusual to maximize a form with Popup = True. It sort of defeats the purpose of a popup form: to keep it visible by having it float above other visible forms.
    I don't know how to do what you ask, since the On Activate and On Focus events don't fire for popup forms.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I set the forms to popup and maximize so that they take up the full window and there is no chance that the user can become confused by seeing other forms and such behind the active one (The McDonalds factor). I would like them to be able to leave the databse and then return to it just as they left it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You should probably use Modal = True and Popup = False. That way, you can maximize the form in the On Activate and/or On Focus events.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

I was never sure of what the Modal option did. Can you explain it to me. I will do what you said and I'd like to understand the modal thing.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

When the Modal property is set to True, you can't set the focus to any other Access window until the form is closed - but you can switch to another application, say Word, IE or whatever. The PopUp property on the other hand makes sure that a form is always in front, even if it doesn't have focus, and a PopUp form doesn't maximize when you maximize other Access windows. If you want to have Access always be maximized, that's another issue that you probably need to use API calls to accomplish. Thats one reason why putting controls on the bottom of a large form can be problematic - not to mention how you deal with someone who decides they really want to run at 640x480 instead of 1024x768.
    Wendell