Star Lounger
    Thanks

Series order - Primary vs secondary axis data (2002 SP2)

I have two series plotted on a line chart, one using the primary Y axis & the second using the secondary Y axis. The former is my primary interest, which is why it is plotted on the primary (ie. left ) Y axis. The other data are "supplemental", but still of interest. They are plotted on the secondary axis because the numbers are so different.

Despite the "primary" & "secondary" designations, the secondary series is plotted over the top of the primary series line, which is NOT what I want. However, I can find no way to alter the order of plotting between the "primary" & "secondary" data. The "Series Order" tab in the "Format Data Series" dialogue shows only either the primary or the secondary series, depending on which is selected, so there appears to be no way to alter the order in which primary & secondary series are plotted.

Seems illogical to me, but the "secondary" series are always plotted after (hence on TOP of) the "primary" series.

Is there any way to alter this behaviour; ie. have it so that the primary series data are plotted last & hence on top of the secondary series data?

I tried temporary assigning the second data series to the primary axis & setting the plot order so that the "secondary" data were plotted first (& hence under the primary data), but as soon as I switch it back to the secondary axis, it reverts to being plotted over the top of the primary series line.

Any help appreciated.

David

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Series order - Primary vs secondary axis data (2002 SP2)

I know it is not what you want, but how inconvenient is reversing the roles of the primary and secundary axis? It will mean that what you intended to be the primary axis will be displayed on the right hand side, but if you use dexriptive axis titles that shouldn't be too much of a problem...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Series order - Primary vs secondary axis data (2002 SP2)

Not inconvenient - just does not look right having the main data plotted on the right Y axis & the supplemental data on the left (main) Y axis.

David