Star Lounger
    Thanks

My computer thinks it's a fax machine (WinXP Home)

Hello
    When I have an incoming call to my landline the computer answers after 2 rings and commences to handshake. I disabled the fax console for send and receive and also disabled fax server in the services section of the Management Console. That didn't work and I ended up getting an error 680 for the modem. I then had to system restore to the previous week to get the computer to behave itself and enable me to dial out to my ISP. It started doing this 2 days ago and the system restore to a working system hasn't worked to stop it handshaking. I did notice though, that for several weeks a notification in the task bar appeared briefly (my tooltip messages flash on and off rapidly-but I think that's another Post at some stage) whenever the phone rang, but I didn't think anything of it, but nor did it effect the phone until 2 days ago.

Any ideas to turn it back to a computer and not a fax?

Regards

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: My computer thinks it's a fax machine (WinXP Home)

Problem solved!!!

In the Network connections window, mixed in with my dialup connections, there appeared a new icon named 'Incoming Connection', I was looking at it again today and I couldn't remember it being there previously. So I deleted it and it's all back to normal.
    All I have to do now is figure out how to get my Ad-hoc WLAN to work:-(