patriciac

Palm Sync With Outlook Bad Email Addresses

I have a user who syncs his Palm V with his Microsoft Outlook. He can download his email from Outlook to his palm with out a problem. He can view them and even respond to them. Unfortunatly when he responds, the email address the email goes to is not the correct address. For instance: an email that is supposed to go to Mary Smith at marys@team.com will go to msmith@team.com. He has checked to see that he does not have Mary Smith entered in his contacts anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Palm Sync With Outlook Bad Email Addresses

Is the discrepancy related to having different From and Reply-to addresses in the message? I can't imagine that Palm would pluck an address out of thin air...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Palm Sync With Outlook Bad Email Addresses

I had a similar problem when using a Palm with my desktop on a comnpany network using Outlook. If there is a company address book on the system, when syncing the "Outlook Reserved" tag will show as the e-mail address. That is, if on the global address book you would click on "Mary Smith" as the person's name, while underneath that the correct e-mail address would be "mary.smith@disneyworld", or whatever, the Palm syncing process would show either Mary Smith or Outlook Reserved in the slot on both the desktop manager and the handheld itself.

I was told by a systems type that Intellisync could be configured to correct that, but that the Palm syncing program couldn't.