Star Lounger
    Thanks

Allowed e-mail Size (Outlook 2000 Sp3)

Hi gang, Two questions really.Running a 56k modem,Mellinium OS and wondering how large an e-mail to allow to download.1mb, 2mb,is there a limit,and how about time out on the servers,this I don't understand?( I know how and where to set size limit)but don't have any idea of rules? for size limits.
    Also,I would like to delete my "Archive.pst" file located in C/Windows/local settingsapplication datamicrosoft outlook.It's 4.10mb in size and I don't need it. Will I screw anything up deleting it? I have outlook set up to Archive auto every 30 days and I believe it creates a new file if none is there.Any help would be appreciated,Thanks,

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Allowed e-mail Size (Outlook 2000 Sp3)

There's no hard and fast rule on email size to download. It's mostly governed by how much you can store and, with a dial up, your tolerance for waiting. Figure 8-10 minutes on average per MB. Even if you can get a 56k connection, there are lost packets and retries that slow things down.

You'll get an error if you delete the archive file. But I think you just have to click ok and a new one will be made.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Quick comment. Delete your Archive file only if you are certain that you will not need it's contents. PST's which use the default "Compressible Encryption" are about 50% compressible using WinZip or PKZip, if you want to save space.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks John BF, good tip , I do have winzip and that's a good idea.Tnx,