New Lounger
    Thanks

FORM OFF A QUERY (ACCESS 2000)

I'm having a problem making a form. I need to base it off a query, but when I do, the only fields I see is the Form Header. Is there any way to fix this or does the form have to be off the table?

SgtCat

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FORM OFF A QUERY (ACCESS 2000)

It's perfectly possible to use a query as the Record Source of the form. Here are a few things to check:
    <UL><LI>Does the query return records when you open it by itself (from the database window)?
    <LI>Open the form in design view. Activate the Properties window (View | Properties). Has the Record Source property (in the Data tab) been set correctly?
    <LI>For a "standard" form, the Allow Edits, Allow Deletions and Allow Additions properties should be set to Yes. The Data Entry property should be set to No, and the Recordset Type property should be set to Dynaset.
    <LI>The Filter property should be empty.[/list]

Thanks

Re: FORM OFF A QUERY (ACCESS 2000)

The form does not have to be based on a table, a query will work fine. Press the field list button to see the fields available to use from the query. If in doubt, use the Form wizard based on the query as a starting point.

HTH
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)