4 Star Lounger
    Bordentown, New Jersey, USA

Dual Startup Configurations? (Home)

Just got my new Dell 8250. One of my major functions will be mutitrack digital recording, which opertates much more efficiently with certain optimization settings made to the OS, minimal backround apps running, etc., etc.

I couldn't do this with my old machine (running 98SE), but was told it was possible with XP. I want to have dual startup that loads normally; & one that loads the way I choose to set it up (per the above criteria.) Can this be configured somehow through the multiple user accounts, or, how exactly is it accomplished?

ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Uranium Lounger
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Re: Dual Startup Configurations? (Home)

Hi Mark,

I believe what you're wanting to do is explained here:

In a nutshell, you will be selecting hardware profiles at startup - choosing which services will be running, etc. You shouldn't need an additional user to accomplish this. Take a look at the link above and see if it answers the questions you have.