New Lounger
    Thanks

Save content of forms (2000, SR1a)

In a minor intranet there is a calendar with a form for personal notes. First: I want the content from respective user

Thanks

Re: Save content of forms (2000, SR1a)

You will need to write some sort of script outside of FP to do this, perhaps in Perl or another language - plus you are going to run into issues of security when asking your web server to write information on individual users computers.
    Outlook/Exchange can do something very similar to what you are asking. Are you using that?

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks

Maybe you could store the text in one or more persistent cookies. I've never used disk-based cookies, and there is the risk that users will delete them, but I believe they offer a "client-side" solution (using JavaScript) that could save you from having to do more complicated things on the server side. Not to say that JavaScript isn't complicated...but there are lots of sample scripts available for download, and maybe one will do what you need.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your replies to my questions. I understand this is a more complicated issue than I thought in the first time. My experience in JavaScript is rudimentary but I will look around the Internet to see if there are any sample scripts to start with. Once again: Thank You!

Lars Ekholm