Thanks

Tabs and formatting in OE

I'm using OE 5.5. I pasted some stuff carefully laid out with tabs from a Word document into an email in OE (because the recipient wanted it that way - I'd have send him the Word document and laid it out with a table if I could have). The tabs no longer lined up as I wanted them to. Is there any way of controlling the position of the tab stops OE uses when you use the tab key? (And why does OE have a feature like tabs but nothing about them in the Help? Come to that there are several features not mentioned in the Help - like there seem to be styles available in OE but again the Help says nothing about how to change them - does anyone know?)

Ian

Thanks

Re: Tabs and formatting in OE

Most text editors have default tab stops and do not allow the type of custom tab stops you have in Word. I'm not really answering your question, but if your recipient copies and pastes into a new Word document, selects the text and chooses Convert to table at the tabs, he/she will have it almost in the original layout in about 10 seconds. So I wouldn't sweat it.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

are you using plain text or html? are you using proportional or fixed width font?

i think you'll see the table better if you use a fixed width font - or paste into html as a table.

Thanks

Thanks for the help so far, but if my recipient could use a Word doc I'd have sent him that in the first place. I'm not sure why he can't - but he's using a Mac not a PC. I'm trying to send a list of dates for a newsletter in a form that he can paste into his DTP software without too much trouble, but he insists he needs it in the body of an email not in an attached doc.

And the styles? How do we format those, or are they fixed and unable to be changed by the user too?

Ian