Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Creating Logo - New User

I have just ordered MS trial versions of both PhotoDraw and Publisher to create a logo for our business. Both programs are new to me. Can anyone suggest a quick and easy way to create a logo (based on the letters "S" and "E" rather than on a generic design). I have started working with PhotoDraw today to learn it, but it will take quite a while to get proficient, or at least proficient enough to create a logo!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating Logo - New User

Irenelinda,
    I like photo draw and am actually here to make a post myself. I use it on all the photos on a web page I work on: www.orangecta.org. I have version 2 and hear they're dropping it from office in office 10. My guess is it's such a large program compared to all the other office programs and that MS has given Corel a load of cash. Anyway, I messed with the letters C and S like you said. Made a rectangle from the drawing, gave it a blue fade to white. Took the letters and gave them a fade white to blue and place them on top of each other. I've attached the file if you want to see it. I have it in the .mix format so it's still editable.
    Good luck
    Ralph

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Am hoping Ralph, who responded to my post for advice, sees this: thank you for your reply and suggestions. I couldn't find the attachment in which you so kindly tried a few variations on the letters for me. Would you try to send the attachment again? Perhaps I just don't know how to find it on this posting board. Meanwhile, I'll check out the Web site you suggested.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Irenelinda,
    It says I can attach a file. This is in the .mix format for photo draw. I hope this goes through, otherwise you'll have to give me an address to send it to.
    Good luck,
    Ralph
    Attached Files Attached Files